#FundingThursdays - Research funding opportunities every other Thursday!

Unfortunately, I ran into the same problems you have. All small research grants I’ve seen are aimed at postdoc researchers. But I’ll keep an eye out as I continue to compile these :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into this, Josh!

1 Like

Hello everyone! On my wild search for money, I came across this amazing list of funding resources: https://research.jhu.edu/rdt/funding-opportunities/

Unfortunately for me, most of these are in the US (and I’m based in the UK), but maybe it’d be helpful for someone from the US! :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

3 Likes

Amazing, thanks for sharing! :heart:

#FundingThursdays :money_with_wings:

Every other Thursday, I’ll be posting scientific funding opportunities to help you fund your research! Post a comment below with any resources you’ve come across to help your fellow community members :slight_smile:

If you want this series to continue, click the like button or leave a comment! :heart:

And let me know if you’d like to see EU-orientated funding too!

International Funding :earth_americas:

Prolific’s Research Grant Competition

Funding type: Grant

Award range: Up to £10,000 ($14,000)

Closing date: 14 July 2021 Midnight GMT

Who Can Apply?

• This is open to absolutely everybody, at any stage of their career, in any research field, in any country.

More Details

• To enter, applicants must post their grant proposal on our forum, where our small, but global community of researchers will assess them
    and vote for the best ones. Our team will then review the five proposals with the most votes, and award the funding in accordance with our
    evaluation criteria.

UK Funding :uk:

Interdisciplinary environmental social science leadership team

Award range: Up to £6,250,000

Closing date: 7 September 2021 16:00 UK time

Who Can Apply?

We are seeking a team, including world leading experts, based at eligible institutions for ESRC funding. The team must be led by a principal investigator based at an eligible UK research organisation. That organisation will be responsible for submitting the grant application to UKRI.

More Details

ESRC is inviting proposals for this grant with the aim to support the
transition to a sustainable and biodiverse environment and a net zero
society through transformational leadership and coordination.

The aim is to increase visibility, access, and use of social science
research and data, including within interdisciplinary collaborations,
build capability and support the development of new research agendas.

Pre-announcement: work with French researchers on interdisciplinary AHRC projects

Award range: £125,000

Closing date: 5 October 2021 16:00 UK time

Who Can Apply?

You must be:

• a UK resident
  • based at a UK institution eligible to receive funding from UKRI.

Your project must focus on one or more of the following themes:

• the environmental humanities
  • controversial pasts
  • futures and futurology.

More Details

This funding opportunity will support collaborative transnational and
transcultural research across one or more of the themes of:

• the environmental humanities – especially naturescapes or cityscapes and memory, and environmental heritage and experiences
  • controversial pasts – especially in public spaces, galleries, libraries, archives, museums, and intangible heritage
  • futures and futurology – especially new and varied ways of
    predicting and understanding the future(s), and experiencing unthinkable objects.

US Funding :us:

Jacquelin Goldman Congressional Fellowship

Funding type: Fellowship

Award: Up to $90,000

Closing date: September 15, 2021

Who Can Apply?

A prospective fellow must demonstrate competence in scientific and/or professional psychology related to child development issues and have hands-on experience working directly with children. Fellows must also demonstrate sensitivity toward policy issues and have a strong interest in applying psychological knowledge to public policies affecting children.

More Details

To provide developmental and clinical psychologists with an interest in policies that affect the psychological development of children with an invaluable public policy learning experience; to contribute to the more effective use of psychological knowledge in government; and to broaden awareness about the value of psychology-government interaction among psychologists and within the federal government.

Partnerships Small Grant Program (Division 2)

Award range: Not stated

Closing date: November 1, 2021

Who Can Apply?

The grant program is open to Div. 2 members who teach psychology at four-year colleges and universities, two-year colleges, or high schools.

More Details

This Div. 2 (Society for the Teaching of Psychology) grant program is intended to bring together individuals to engage in planned activities to promote the teaching of psychology or who desire to work together to think about the ways in which the teaching of psychology can be improved.

1 Like