Linked Qualtrics surveys

Hi, I have a study that consists of three questionnaires/tests that are currently separate surveys on Qualtrics. I believe it’s possible to link them through Qualtrics, so that the end of one opens the next one. Does that pose any problem with Prolific? Will I still be able to know which data came from the same participant or should I have them re-enter their Prolific ID at the beginning of each survey?

Thank you!

Hi @Jessica,

Does that pose any problem with Prolific?

I don’t think it would cause any problem though as long as you reimburse participants for the total amount of time it takes to complete all three surveys. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Will I still be able to know which data came from the same participant or should I have them re-enter their Prolific ID at the beginning of each survey?

As a recent Qualtrics user who runs longitudinal surveys, I am certain that you could record the participants’ Prolific IDs either automatically with some set-up (brain-hacking) steps in Qualtrics or manually by asking participants to enter their IDs for each survey. If you are tech-savvy, you could read more on how to have participants’ IDs recorded automatically here https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/common-use-cases-rc/pulling-data-into-a-second-survey-longitudinal-surveys/
Otherwise, your brain cells will thank you a lot if you go for a traditional manual data entry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @Chloe_Nguyen, this is very helpful! I think I will go with just asking them to enter their ID for each survey - seems like the most foolproof option.

1 Like