New Prolific Features

Perhaps therefore, the first question in the about you question set could be “would you be prepared to allow researchers access to this data about you?”

I joined the beta testers group. I would also join a Zoom meet up with you but the times I am offered are literally after my bed time. I could meet with you any time before lunch GMT, however.

1 Like

Perhaps therefore, the first question in the about you question set could be “would you be prepared to allow researchers access to this data about you?”

That is a very good point. I’ll pose it to our legal team to see if that would work!

I joined the beta testers group. I would also join a Zoom meet up with you but the times I am offered are literally after my bed time. I could meet with you any time before lunch GMT, however.

Are you talking about the livestreamed researcher interviews? :slight_smile:

I’d like the ability to create an “assistant” account. This would be identical to a regular account but could be funded from the main lab account. The use case is to enable assistants or a groups of students to take charge of a study without needing to be granted access the main account.

2 Likes

Hi Tim!

I think it’s a good idea to simplify a bit the procedure.

However, as far as I know, you can already transfer money from one account to others: all you need to do is send a request to the Prolific team with all the details, and they’ll do the job for you! :slight_smile:

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Simple one this…

As you know there have been a couple of researchers who have said that participants survey responses do not match their “About You” responses. Sometimes this may be because participants “About You” information has changed. Prolific currently asks participants to update their “About you” information periodically.

How about if you add a red dot, like the red dot next to the envelope icon when there is email in the inbox, to indicate when there are “About you,” items to respond to? You could nag participants more by having a pop up but I think that a red dot would be an improvement. Currently participants are not told that they have any About You questions to (re) respond to.

1 Like

That’s a great idea.

Atm, participants are notified like this:

But I think you may be onto something. A more visible alert could be more effective.

Ah, I had read those words beneath the mug, but I thought they were generic, meaning as they say to check up periodically, and not that there were unanswered questions waiting. You might just change the wording to “Please check your About You page, because there are some questions waiting to be answered” or similar.

2 Likes

Great point - making it more explicit would encourage people to pay attention

Hi!

A feature I’d appreciate a lot would be the option to top up the researcher account via PayPal.

The rewards of participants are sent to PayPal accounts already so I would think this should be an easy fix, no?

Cheers,
Andre

2 Likes

Hey @Andre_Sahakian!

Great idea! We’re actually going to be integrating PayPal very soon. I’ll update you as this develops :slight_smile:

And we’d love to hear any more thoughts you may have on our financial tools

1 Like

Hi Josh,

how about a small red notification dot next to their profile picture (?) – comparable to notifications on smartphones that signal updates or new emails/calls etc. – appearing whenever new questions pop up or an update is needed?

2 Likes

At the moment, participants are quite good at updating their info because they know that getting more studies is contingent on having up to date answers. But, that is a great idea. Making it even more obvious can’t hurt :slight_smile:

Please could we have the option to be notified of incoming messages from participants, here below presumably
https://app.prolific.co/account/preferences
As requested here by Pei-Ling
Visit Topic
Tim

1 Like

Added to the list! Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

I would love to see more features to support live group video-calls (e.g., group Zoom calls; this is great for group experiments). Maybe there could be a built-in scheduling feature, and perhaps a built-in waiting room (to wait for enough participants to start the group session) would be cool too. Might also need some policy on how much participants can be paid while in the “waiting room”, and what would happen if the waiting room doesn’t fill-up completely by a certain amount of time.

1 Like

It would be nice, for me at least, to have the average time (mean or median, or perhaps both) displayed in small letters at the top of the “Time Taken” column in the studies submissions list, so that we can adjust payments to suit, without having to download the cvs and calculate the average ourselves.

3 Likes

@Moses_Rivera brilliant idea! It’s something we’ve discussed as a team pretty recently, actually.

@timtak another great idea! That would make that process much easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

Josh

Sorry. The great newish feature
“Balance sample
Distribute your study equally across selected demographics
Sex”
Is still there. I don’t know how I failed to see it. I hope it stays.

Tim

1 Like

This isn’t a feature, just a clarification.

At the moment, the study details GUI says:

Note: It isn’t possible to increase places on a balanced study after it has been published.

I think that is also the case that it is impossible to use the “Duplicate Study” function on balanced studies. I am not sure but for some reason I can’t Duplicate recently. If this is the case then I suggest the above be changed to

Note: It isn’t possible to increase places on a balanced study nor duplicate it after it has been published.

Because the lack of “Duplicate Study” is confusing people.

Better still of course would be the ability to duplicate gender-balanced studies since, especially with the lack of one-study-multiple-conditions feature, and the gender-asymmetrical post TikTok demographic, the need to duplicate balanced studies is imho strong.

Tim

1 Like

We need “Lab” accounts- where we can add lab members who can use the funds. We have the ability to move money to other accounts by contacting the Prolific team, but that’s a billing/invoice nightmare for grant-keeping records. What would be great is a Lab account that contains members, and a director/owner. The members can use the funds with the directors project-by-project approval. That way, the money always goes to a single account and doesn’t float around in a way that the auditors will find suspicious.

4 Likes