New Prolific Features

Thank you for that attention check suggestion and way of implementing prior to the survey. Great.

1 Like

Thank you. AMA is the motto of my English conversation classes. I did not know it is a well known acronym.

1. Participants be allowed to delete timed out, and rejected submissions from their list of submissions so they feel buoyed by looking at it.
  2. A database of attention checks that are allowed, for only paying researchers to see of course.
  3. A pro-forma informed consent form with boxes for risks or other things that might change.
  4. The ability to quiz the subject pool to see how many respondents of a certain demographic there are without having to make a test survey.
  5. The ability to save favourite demographic settings for future surveys.
  6. An easier way of downloading “About You” information on the participants in our survey (if we are given access to this information – I can’t find it). If we are not currently allowed access to this information, then please could we access it? Or perhaps access it with a bonus payment. Or perhaps those participants that allow access to their about you information might be included as a demographic selector, so that such participants be given priority. (We can access this information by making multiple studies changing the demographic a little each time based on the About You information).
  7. An additional demographic selector that allows researchers to choose participants that take longer x percent of the median completion time. It is generally the people that finish quickly that provide the poor responses. I am aware that participants could deliberately delay their responses in order to get around this but they might not be bothered.
  8. An AI estimated survey completion time of a certain demographic at a certain level of funding (tricky to implement perhaps).
  9. In the future, when surveys on Prolific exist, a way of giving bonuses to those that pass, or gain above a certain mark on fuzzy attention checks.
  10. A quicker way of creating a whitelist from those that have completely previous surveys so that we can inter-correlate our research.
  11. A pink list of participants (perhaps from 10, previous respondents) who are given X hrs to respond before the study is open to everyone.

@timtak you’re a star :star_struck:

These are such great ideas! I particularly like 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 & 11. I’ve added them to our list of ‘Great Community Ideas’, and when we have the time, we’d love to implement some of them .

For some of your ideas, we already have fixes/functionality:

An easier way of downloading “About You” information on the participants in our survey (if we are given access to this information – I can’t find it).

• We’ve written a guide on how to export demographic info here. Is that what you’re after?

A quicker way of creating a whitelist from those that have completely previous surveys so that we can inter-correlate our research.

• We have a filter called ‘Previous Studies’ which allows you to choose participants from any of your previously run studies. So, there’s no need to export their IDs, and upload them like you would do for a custom allowlist.

Hope that helps!

Just double-checking, you’re in our user-testing group right?

From my side, I put forward the following proposals for new features of the platform: :memo:

• Allowing for simultaneous interactions between participants, so to have a way to match participants, at least, in pairs. Thinking about 2-persons interactions, this would mean that subject 1 sees on her screen the input of subject 2 to a certain question (of course, after a waiting time), and viceversa. I don’t know how difficult this would be to implement but for some kind of research it would definitely be a plus

• Asking participants for a routinley check of the information they’ve provided in the “About You” section. It might be important since opinions but also statuses may change over time.

I am not aware whether something like the above proposals have already been adressed by the Prolific Team unitl now. In this case, please let me know. Thanks :grin:

These are great ideas!

Allowing for simultaneous interactions between participants, so to have a way to match participants, at least, in pairs.

• This can already be done via some external survey platforms like Qualtrics. We don’t yet have survey functionality, but if we do, this is a feature we’d like to implement.

Asking participants for a routinley check of the information they’ve provided in the “About You” section. It might be important since opinions but also statuses may change over time.

• We do this already, but I think we can make the notifications more prominent :slight_smile:
1 Like