Participant Eligibility Problems

We’ve had some reports that participants are unable to join studies, even if they’re on a custom allowlist. We implemented a fix on Friday, but it appears that some of you are still experiencing this issue.

Please let me know if you’re having any problems below, and rest assured that we’re currently actively investigating this issue.

The issue has now been resolved! If you’re still experiencing problems, let me know below because we may need to ‘refresh’ your study via the back end :slight_smile:

Hi, I have the same issue today with my study. Can you help me with that?

1 Like

Hey @Yu_Liang, welcome aboard! I’ve sent you a DM :slight_smile:

Hi, I have experienced similar issues and received messages from participants about it too.

1 Like

Hey Tim, welcome to the community! I’ve sent you a DM to get more info :slight_smile:

Hi. I just ran my first prolific study and ran into a similar issue (but also I’m new so LMK if I’m posting this in the wrong place, doing something dumb, etc). My basic issue: However many participants I add to my custom allow list, the AUDIENCE interface will show less than that number as eligible.

Here are two screenshots, one of me entering 4 ProlificIDs from a study just completed an hour earlier, and then you can see it only finds 2 as eligible.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Also I LOVE prolific so far. Well done on your telepathic UX! So refreshing compared to other platforms.

1 Like

Hey Mike, welcome to the community! :tada:

We rolled out a fix for this problem last week so this issue shouldn’t be due to the bug.

Sometimes this occurs normally because we have a range of ongoing data quality checks in place on Prolific, which may temporarily prevent participants from accessing studies if we are unable to verify their information.

Could you send me those IDs in text format so I can investigate to see if that’s the case?

Thank you for your patience! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hiya,

I think the issues with allowlist and eligibility are back. My study has an allowlist but it seems everyone can see my study - they can’t take part as it correctly says they are ineligible thankfully but I am being inundated with messages asking why they can’t take part when they shouldn’t be able to see the study. Any reason/fix to this as I have had to pause my study due to the amount of messages I was receiving.

Hey Laura, welcome to the community!

I’m sorry to say that the bug has re-emerged. We’re actively investigating the issue, and I’ll let you know once I have an update from the tech team. Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this is causing you.