🤔 Questions about the Competition

If you have any questions about the competition, ask them here!

Hi - do you have to have fully pre-registered the study by the time you apply for this grant for it to be eligible? Or can you post the overview and then add a link to pre-registration later, for example? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @Madeleine_Pownall, welcome to the community! :tada:

Thanks for the question :slight_smile:

We’d like to see evidence of pre-registration by the deadline on June 30th. So, you can post your overview whenever you’d like, but you’ll need to make sure the link is added by the deadline.

1 Like

Hello,
I have two questions:

1. Can you add pictures/images to the grant proposal?
  2. If you win, is there a deadline to complete the study by?
    Thanks,
    Katrina
1 Like

Hey @Katrina_McDonough, welcome to the community! Glad you’re here :tada:

1. Yes, you can add whatever multimedia resources you’d like
  2. Credit must be used within a year of it being awarded :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Looking forward to applying!
Can any of the award money be allocated to the costs for open access publishing?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @Michael_Parent, welcome aboard! Happy that you’re here :tada:

The award money will be given in the form of Prolific credit. So, unfortunately, it can’t be used on anything off-platform.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long will the applications be available on the forum for ‘voting’ before the top 5 applications are chosen?

Thanks!

Kimberly

2 Likes

Hey @DrKimberlyMore, welcome to the community! :tada:

People will be able to vote from the time that a proposal is submitted.

But to ensure that everyone has a chance to read and vote for them, there will be a 14 day ‘voting only’ period after the deadline (June 30th) where no new proposals will be accepted, but voting will continue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

Are there any rules about who can vote for the proposals, i.e. new members of the community, trust-level requirements?

Thanks,
Katrina

1 Like

No requirements beyond having a Prolific researcher and community account :slight_smile:

Hello,

Do tables and figures count towards the 1000 word limit?

Thank you,

Kimberly

1 Like

No, tables and figures aren’t counted :slight_smile:

Hi,

Can we edit our proposal after it’s edited?

I just submitted it, and I am not sure if the format looks good…

Thanks,
Zhuling

1 Like

Hi, I have posted my proposal. However, I couldn’t find my post. Not sure if I am doing this right. Looking forward to receiving your reply =)

Sincerely,
Edison Lee

1 Like

Hey @Edison_Lee, welcome to the community! :tada:

All proposals go through a quick review process to ensure that it’s in the correct format etc. Your post has now been approved :slight_smile:

Good luck with the competition!

@Josh , I can see it now. Thank you for replying :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

1 Like

Yes, feel free to edit it

But be aware that all changes are tracked and available to view publicly :slight_smile: