Request for Help to Review Study Design

Hello Doctoral Community
My name is Edgar Vaughn, and I need at least three people to volunteer for field-testing. I am conducting a qualitative descriptive study; focus groups and interviews are the instruments. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer for this task.
This field-testing means for the volunteers to look at the focus group protocol and interview protocol and provide recommendations.
I would also ask the volunteers to commit at least 20 minutes of their time to share their recommendations with me and how the research instruments can be improved.
Please forward to me an email @ vaughned2020@outlook.com. and I will be more than happy to send you both documents for you to review. Again, thanks all of you in advance.

Respectfully,
E. Vaughn

2 Likes

Does anyone have any time spare to help a fellow community member? :slight_smile:

@trust_level_0

1 Like

Dear Edgar
I would only be to happy to help, but it would need to
tomorrow (Tokyo time) because today is a busy day
with exams and classes. Will 23-24 hrs from now be okay?
Tim

Ps Thanks Josh for drawing my attention to this.

1 Like

Amazing, thanks Tim! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Tim,
I am not getting much feedback in my study. At this point I am looking for 3-4 people to gather data from the interview questions and then a larger group 15 -20 for the research. My research is based on the theory of expert leadership, targeting the physician leader(s) as research participants. At this point, I would be okay with getting data from expert leaders in healthcare.

Thanks

Hi Edgar

Thank you for getting back to me. I am afraid I am a tourism/psychology and English teacher at a university in Japan and not a leader in healthcare.

But I would be happy to look through you survey should you be interested in advice on its format or integration with Prolific.

I fear that leaders in healthcare may be a little difficult to recruit. Might you consider broadening your participant field to leaders, or those with leadership experience? I am not a leader this year but last year I was head of the Tourism Policy faculty. We take it in turns.

But no worries if you would prefer to stick with your initial subject pool, and good luck in finding participants.

Tim

Timothy Takemoto
Professor
Tourism Policy
Yamaguchi University

1 Like

Thank you for getting back, I will broaden the participant field to leaders as you suggested. The feedback shows that this is a better direction for gathering good data in a limited amount of time.

Edgar,
Should you broaden your participant field further to include those with leadership experience, please let me know.
Tim

1 Like

Hello Tim,
The suggestion from my chair and committee is to stay with the current topic. Do you other suggestions to gather data?

Thank you,

1 Like

Hi Edgar

I would attempt to contact the medical health professionals directly, either in your community, by post, or by internet search for hospitals, or via sites like Linkedin for health professionals by profession.

Here are some groups for medical healthcare professionals

If you use your website and or direct to explain your research (in as much as is possible prior to participation) you will eventually get the respondents you need.

I doubt that many of them will motivated financially but, outside of Prolific, you can look into the Internet payment services listed by Chloe here

Some of these services may allow participants to make charity payments with their reward.

Tim

1 Like

Thank you so much!

2 Likes